There are lots of good reasons to move to one of Welch Healthcare & Retirement Group’s five assisted living communities on the Massachusetts South Shore. No doubt, many families and seniors, age 62 and older, know the advantages they will find at an Allerton House. Beyond the beautiful private apartments, delicious dining and care if needed, fun activities and a chance to socialize more must be at the top of the list. Check out the top five weekly and monthly activities residents enjoy at Allerton House Assisted Living Communities.
1. Popcorn & Movies – Movie Night is a big hit at Allerton House! Residents enjoy everything from the classics, such as Casablanca and The Sound of Music to newer releases, including Made of Honor and The Proposal.
2. Clubs & Classes – Learn how to use an iPad or relax with a tai chi or yoga class. Every month Allerton Houses offer a range of clubs and classes, specifically tailored to residents’ interests. Check out the book club, travel club and creative writing club. Or start your own club based on a special skill or interest.
3. Games for Body & Mind – Keeping the mind sharp and the body nimble is a favorite Allerton House pastime. Pursuits such as Scrabble, Bridge and mahjong demand quick-thinking, and games such as Wii bowling, tennis and golf require strength, balance and concentration.
4. Painting & Poetry – Whether your artistic passions tend toward the visual or literary, Allerton House can spur your creativity. Charcoal drawing and oil or watercolor painting classes serve as a mainstay. Some communities offer poetry readings as well.
5. Excursions & Outings – Not a week goes by without an adventure outside the assisted living community. Allerton House residents take in the exhibits at Boston’s Museum of Fine Arts or board a Boston Harbor Cruise. Trips to Castle Island and the Arnold Arboretum in Boston as well as the Derby Street Shoppes in Hingham are also on the schedule.
Allerton Houses are located along the Massachusetts South Shore in Duxbury, Hingham, Marshfield, Quincy and Weymouth. For more information, click on an individual Allerton House Link above or visit online at www.welchhrg.com
Welch Healthcare & Retirement Group is a respected family name in senior housing, healthcare and short-term rehabilitation and long-term care. The company, led by third and fourth-generation family members has been a trusted resource for more than 60 years.